DAVID MARTIN FRANCIS
Elgin Mills Rd W,
Richmond Hill, ON
- Expert in PHP, ASP, mySQL, Access, JS, XML, HTML, Flash, Shockwave, VB, Apache, IIS and Windows (3.0 - 2000).
- Proven track record in leading and managing technical teams to deliver fast-track e-commerce testing solutions in a variety of industries to time, cost and quality.
- Passionately committed to continuous improvement through the training of people, and development of processes, product and services across an entire organisation.
Nov 2003 - Mar 2004 Web Applications Programmer: Pivot Design Communications
Developed two systems for clients and successfully integrated these with existing legacy infrastructure.
- Unitron Marketing Support System written in ASP with mySQL database. This features a full shopping cart
system for ordering of products, with multiple region and language support, written entirely from scratch. There are
Senior Administrators, Regional Administrators and Customers. The live system is now supporting
over 2000 actual customers. Products can be added and changed by Administrators, browsed, downloaded or ordered by
customers who can use the interface to check on the status of pending orders at any time. There is also online documentation.
See a live demo version at http://classaxe.zymsys.com/unitron -
log on as 'admin', password '123' or as 'Guest' by pressing the 'Guest' logon button. Try ordering products, perhaps add some new ones, then checkout.
- Shredit Customer Collection Scheduling System written in ASP with mySQL and legacy Access databases. The system
features a single-point login with administrative and customer interfaces, with file upload and photo manipulation facilities,
though this system is a lot simpler than Unitron's.
See a live demo version at http://classaxe.zymsys.com/shredit -
log on as admin, password 123 but in this demo system only Toronto has any drivers entered.
Sep 2002 - Oct 2003 Internet Systems Lecturer: Toronto College of Technology
The Toronto College of Technology offers Post-Graduate technical courses covering a large number of specialist areas.
The common entry point to several of their Internet Programming courses is Module ISDV131, and I lead two classes comprising
of 20 students through this highly intensive primer course. The syllabus covers many diverse areas including web site
graphics creation and a number of other disciplines.
for my lecture notes and demonstration programs.
Feb 2003 - Apr 2003 Software Developer: Mirak Knowledge Systems
- Supervised the release of the project at http://sourceforge.net/projects/mks, issuing six public code releases and a number of press releases. In its first month since release, it had been downloaded by over 500 users from Russia to South America, and had already reached the top 2% of 60,000 projects hosted in terms of interest generated and downloads recorded.
- Produced a Test methodology for the system and tested the server software on multiple server configurations (Win 98, ME and XP and Linux, with various permutations of Apache, mySQL and PHP). Also tested the system with 10 different browsers on PC and Macintosh platforms, and supervised another tester in the production and execution of a formal suite of tests.
See this at http://www.classaxe.com/sites/mks/shared/help/help.html.
Jun 2002 - Jan 2003 Software Developer: Mystus Interactive
- Designed the MKS on behalf of Mirak Knowledge Systems from initial concept through to working prototype with funding from the National Research Council.
- Developed an XML Interchange Layer for the system capable of directly driving a Flash-based interface (also developed by myself).
- Supervised development of a prototype Shockwave-XML Interface for MKS.
- Developed a XML drawing package and a satellite weather pattern viewer for museum in Berlin using Shockwave and Shockwave Xtras (for automated image manipulation and FTP download).
Jan 2002 - May 2002 Web Developer: Trail Blazers Realty
- Produced company web site featuring extended use of Flash applets, together with an XML and Flash based multi-folder navigation system of my own design.
Jun 1997 - Aug 2001 Senior Technician / Trainer / Test Consultant: ImagoQA Ltd, UK
- Configured and managed Windows NT 4.0 network servers at ImagoQA as Senior Technician supporting 200+ users, dial-up access, IIS4.0 Intranet, SQL6.5 and UNIX based email services across two sites. Was responsible for evaluating systems and products prior to deployment.
- Directed Corporate Policy relating to computer use and systems security, and developed SLAs and designed ISO9002 procedures for Technical Services Department following outsourcing.
- Designed and commissioned the Web Testing Laboratory at ImagoQA in London and planned physical access, floor plans, wiring, and networking topology for secure off-site banking hosted performance and penetration testing projects.
- Designed Web Site and Intranet systems at ImagoQA featuring browser detection, Active Channels and some WML support. Produced test sites for performance test evaluation and training purposes.
- Designed and programmed a technical services help-desk call management system for use at ImagoQA in software auditing, scheduled service, resource management and procurement featuring Access 97 interface and SQL 6.5 backend systems.
- Taught "Hands On Java Testing" Course for Sun Microsystems in US and U.K.
- Managed Web Stress Testing Projects heading a team of automation testers working on an Internet Airline Bookings system (UK), an Intranet credit risk management application (Ireland) and a search engine (Holland). Provided expert technical advice on other projects.
- Led Security Audits for an Internet travel agency and an Internet bank, covering system architecture, software configuration, disaster recovery contingencies and physical access - each uncovering some very serious issues.
Sep 1999 - Jun 2001 Lecturer: University of Greenwich, UK
- ISEB "Ready" Foundation Course in Software Testing 2000
- BSc. Hons Computer Science, University of Greenwich 1997
- TEC Certificate in Basic Business Management, Workington College 1991
- Higher National Diploma in Electronics South Tyneside College 1990
*References available upon request.